Giving Voice to Desire Instead of Giving Place to Sin
Everything in the true kingdom of God is free.
Isaiah 55:1-4 NKJV — “Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price. Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance. Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you— The sure mercies of David. Indeed I have given him as a witness to the people, A leader and commander for the people.
David is the example. Jesus is the root and offspring of David. He rules on David's throne.
This has major implications.
The person I want to be in God isn't developed from hard work, discipline, faith, opportunity, heritage, etc.
No. Whatever I want to be in God is only obtained in requesting it.
Requesting is more than wanting, but it's much less than striving. It is giving voice, to God, of what I want.
That's why David started a 24/7 place of prayer and worship in Jerusalem and it changed everything about an entire nation.
A good dad or husband or son? It's a prayer away. A wholehearted follower of God? It's a prayer away. Wisdom... It's a prayer away.
No other part of my life has to change to come to God and ask Him for what I want. But doing this one thing changes everything. A prayer life is the beginning of everything in the Bible. God talked to Abraham, THEN his life begins changing. David, Daniel, all the prophets...
Whatever challenges and needs God has placed into my life by His perfect leadership are all an invitation to ask for something in the faith that God is in charge and knows what He is doing.
No problem is too big or too small for a conversation with God.
The more I talk to God, the more He leads me. It's really that simple.
James 1:5 NKJV — If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
This is where a changed life is born from. This is where discipline comes from. This is the source of wisdom and revelation. This is where love is born, and patience, and hope. Every good and perfect gift comes down from God.
This is how desire works. Desire not given to God becomes sin. But when I verbally give it to God it becomes the door that all good things come through. I pick the life I want by what I talk to God about and then give Him responsibility to do in my life.
James 1:14-17 NKJV — But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
To apply this practically: what am I hoping God will do? If I just "hope" it, it won't happen, or when it does I won't be any closer to God. If I talk to God about it, either it will happen or God will change my understanding to see I never needed it anyway. Either way, I'll be closer to God for the rest of my life.
Comments
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comments.