Brokenness is the Only Door To Truth
This morning, the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "do you know what I look for in a man?"
Then He took me to Lamentations 5. He said, "brokenness."
No one is innocently broken. I cannot conjure up brokenness. I can't put it on like a costume. That is the opposite of true brokenness.
Brokenness is simply seeing my actual state.
A huge portion of brokenness is simply seeing that all the consequences of living outside of this truth... This truth that I am nothing without God, are pain. Lamentations puts a fine point on it.
+Selfish ambition flies in the face of my true state
+Arrogance and pride fly in the face of my true state
+Shame flies in the face of my true state
+Striving, planning, self righteousness, "helping," discipling...
Embracing any of these on my own is to live a lie... completely separated from the true nature of my being, which is broken without God, and intentionally so. God designed man this way! The fall of man was simply a false "step up" on our part into a place we could never hold.
"Did God really say?," was all the boost man's heart needed to impatiently step out of our inherent design and suffer ever since.
Our pride keeps trying to mount a comeback when what God wants is for us to fall back into meekness.
Right now, the scales are reconciling... The black scales of truth are coming into balance. Either I humble myself, or the Lord will find a way to bring me to the truth of my actual brokenness. No pride will survive what is unfolding. Every knee will bow.
The church has wrestled through a particularly long season of pride. Self promotion, "big announcements," city transformation, global movements, stadium engagements, ministers with selfies of microphones, or worship leaders on multi-colored stages, thoughtful pictures of scholarly leaders... All only to fall flat on its face... Which is honestly right where we belong.
None of this is like Yeshua. None of it glorifies Him. What will a Father do to those who falsely represent His son who embodied weakness and brokenness even unto a cross and then said, "Follow me."
I don't want to pick myself up from the ground any further than to be on my knees. Not to show off how good I am at being humble, but because that is the right place for me to live... Needing God, needing His direction. Needing His anointing. Needing His thoughts and emotions and will...
This is real faith: knowing who God is and knowing who I am... Not being pride filled, impatiently ambitious, or ashamed... Just being real.
Proverbs 16:18 NKJV — Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.
James 4:4-10 NKJV — Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”? But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
The old wineskin that was sadly corrupted into "church stardom" is completely exhausted. All who continue to cooperate with it will be seen as false.
The new wineskin of meekness, and all the power that comes with it, is just being readied to be filled.
Joel 2:28-32 NKJV — “And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions. And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth: Blood and fire and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD. And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As the LORD has said, Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.
Comments
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comments.