Hearing with a Good Ear

The parable of the sower is about how I hear. Listen:

Luke 8:11-18 NKJV — “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. “Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. “But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. “Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. “But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience. “No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lampstand, that those who enter may see the light. “For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light. “Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him.”
I can hear:
1. Not receiving the warning or promise (they are the same) are actually trustworthy and true for me. I can remain uncertain. This will leave me open to theft.
2. Not counting the cost of actually changing and conforming to the Bible truth the Holy Spirit shows me. Blithefully ignorant of the cross attached to all truth.
3. Not seeking to see my current life die so my new life can live. Trying to bear fruit while also trying to keep my old life together. Cares = responsibilities, riches = stored provision, pleasures = selfish pursuits. I can hear without getting a vision for WANTING to live different than the world. Wanting the world and Jesus' leadership (to be seen as a "good Christian") is a recipe for failure. Jesus was never seen as a good follower of God by the masses (except in short spurts) until He was dead. Several times crowds turned on Him. No one who follows Him will be seen as good followers of God either, until they are dead. I have to let that delusion go to bear fruit Jesus believes is good.
4. With a right vision: a heart that admits this life is a worthless vapor without God. With a right heart, that yields to Yeshua's leadership by the Spirit. Not wanting anything else in the world to change but me.
Jesus was never an activist. He was always, and always will be, one who abides in truth himself and lives as a light calling others in to the same obedience. He WILL see justice this way and only this way.
Isaiah 42:1-6 NKJV — “Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,
My Elect One in whom My soul delights!
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles. He will not cry out, nor raise His voice,
Nor cause His voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed He will not break,
And smoking flax He will not quench;
He will bring forth justice for truth. He will not fail nor be discouraged,
Till He has established justice in the earth;
And the coastlands shall wait for His law.” Thus says God the LORD,
Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,
Who gives breath to the people on it,
And spirit to those who walk on it: “I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness,
And will hold Your hand;
I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the Gentiles,
No one ever made a disciple of this^ Man by activism. No. Disciples were made in the upper room, in the pouring out of the Spirit, in sufferings, shipwrecks... In a testimony of this^ life.
God is bringing the interior truth of the heart to light in this hour. If I want to know what's really in my heart, I come to this light, not the experts in religion, philosophy, activism, or spiritualists/positive thinkers. Either this light of Yeshua burns in me, or some strange fire.
I need to be careful how I listen to God, read the Bible, and picture my life. If He finds me growing in the light of God, He will certainly finish what He started. If He finds me growing in my own strange fire, He will deal with that as well.
“Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him.”

Comments

Most Popular Posts

False Love (Polite Ignoring of Truth) Is Killing the Bride of Christ

Advent: Anticipating the Coming of Messiah

False Unity: Ecumenicism, Math, and Time

Sanctified? Spared?

Tent of Meeting and the Tabernacle of Moses